“Who may worship in your sanctuary, LORD? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?” (Ps. 15:1, NLT).
If you are experiencing times of intercession and worship that are dry and difficult, it may be time to take inventory as David did in Psalm 15. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you if any of the following are hindering your worship:
- Are you leading a blameless life and doing what is right? What about staying away from things that have the appearance of evil? (v. 2)
- Are you speaking the truth from a sincere heart? Any half-truths or painting yourself in a better light when recounting a story? (v. 2)
- Do you absolutely refuse to slander others no matter what? Do you refuse to harm your neighbors or speak ill of your friends or spouse? (v. 3)
- Do you despise persistent sin? Do you honor the bride of Christ in thought, word, and deed—including those from other denominations? (v. 4)
- Do you keep your promises even when it hurts? (v. 4)
- Do you want something in return when you do something nice for someone? (v. 5)
- Do you speak against someone when it is in your own best interest? (v. 5)
Holy Spirit, show me any areas of my life that are hindering my prayer life. I desire to enter in with a pure heart!
Praise the wonderful God who causes mountains and hills to burst into song and all the trees of the fields to clap their hands (Isa. 55:12). Give thanks that the Lord “comforts his people and [has] compassion on his afflicted ones” (Isa. 49:13). Confess any lack of joy which you may have and admit to God your failures to receive his joy. Commit yourself to considering all of life as pure joy, whatever the circumstance, since Jesus Christ is alive and victorious over all. Ask the Lord to restore to you the joy of his salvation (Ps. 51:12), so that you may be a prime exhibit of Christ’s life-changing power.
Pray that your family and friends may have Christian joy. Ask God to help them to discipline themselves in the Christian faith and grow together in genuine love.
**The dollars you spend on our resources help Harvest Prayer Ministries to train churches to become houses of prayer for all nations! Visit our online PrayerShop! You will find many valuable resources on prayer to help you, your family and your church!