So many believers today are living in fear and wringing their hands in despair. But our God has given us everything we need to rise up in the power of the Spirit to be His holy intercessors for such a time as this. Here are some powerful prayer points to pray for God’s people and His Church:
- Pray that the Church in America will so noticeably live in Christ’s peace that His peace comes into the councils of our nation. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful” (Col. 3:15).
- Pray for a movement of the Spirit that creates a dramatic cultural transformation in the United States, bringing about a nation that has learned to put its hope in the Word of God. “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will” (Rom. 12:2).
- Ask the Lord to awaken the Church to the temporary nature of the nations and to the eternal nature of the reign of God.
- “But the wicked will perish: Though the Lord’s enemies are like the flowers of the field, they will be consumed, they will go up in smoke” (Ps. 37:20).
- “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matt. 6:33).
Click here to give a tax-deductible gift to Harvest Prayer Ministries so that we can keep these devotions coming free of charge to all who wish to receive them. Choose “Connection Daily Devotions” in the drop down box. Thank you for prayerfully considering a gift!
- Pray that courage born of wisdom will be given to Christians in places of leadership in government, the courts, and law schools across the nation so that they will stand for a godly basis for law.
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go” (Josh. 1:9).
- “Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you” (Ps. 51:13).
–adapted from With One Cry: A Renewed Challenge to Pray for America by David Butts. This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.
Praise God for not leaving you “as orphans” but for giving another helper to be with you forever (Jn. 14:16, 18). Give thanks for God’s presence and power, and trust him to continue to energize you, keeping you on the right course. Confess the times you are dissatisfied or frustrated in your walk with the Lord. Commit yourself anew to God and let his Spirit help you in your weakness, especially in prayer (Rom. 8:26). Ask him to reveal himself to you today in a new and fresh way.
Pray that your family and friends will have the joy, peace, and stability that comes from knowing God personally and spending time daily with him (Col. 3:15-17).
Connection is sponsored by Prayer Connect Magazine.
You may download a free issue of Prayer Connect Magazine here.
**The dollars you spend on our resources help Harvest Prayer Ministries to train churches to become houses of prayer for all nations! Visit our online PrayerShop! You will find many valuable resources on prayer to help you, your family and your church!