Praying for the Church is crucial in these last days! Today, let’s lift up our voices together in prayer for the Body of Christ:
- Pray for a spirit of humility in the Church and an outreach toward those whom the Bible calls the least among us. “In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble” (1 Pet. 5:5).
- “But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish” (Ps. 9:18).
- “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me’” (Matt. 25:40).
- Pray that the churches in your community and area will preach the gospel of Christ powerfully. “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile” (Rom. 1:16).
- Thank the Lord for the freedom we have in Him and for the wisdom to understand that freedom. “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love” (Gal. 5:13).
- Pray for a spirit of consecration and holiness to come upon the Church in America.
- “Joshua told the people, ‘Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you’” (Josh. 3:5).
- “But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do” (1 Pet. 1:15).
- Pray for a spirit of compassion to come over the Church in this nation so that we will begin seriously to live out the lifestyle of Jesus in our communities. “Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others” (Phil. 2:1–4).
- Ask the Lord to help strengthen the trumpet call to intensive prayer, so that it is heard throughout the Church in the U.S.
- “Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing” (1 Tim. 2:8).
- “Pray continually” (1 Thess. 5:17).
- Ask the Lord to equip the Church to rise up with a strong prophetic voice for America. “Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel” (Eph. 6:19).
- Pray for a spirit of repentance to fall upon the Church in America that would cause believers to turn back to God and seek Him. “God looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God” (Ps. 53:2).
- Pray for a spirit of courage to rise up within the Church, a commitment to enduring whatever it takes to see the fulfillment of God’s purposes in our nation.
- “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong” (1 Cor. 16:13).
- “You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit” (1 Thess. 1:6).
–adapted from With One Cry: A Renewed Challenge to Pray for America by David Butts. This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.
Praise the Son of God, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Thank God for the depth of the riches of that wisdom and knowledge (Rom. 11:33). Confess those areas of your work or personal life for which you have forgotten to ask his wisdom and guidance. Commit yourself to calling out for insight and crying aloud for understanding, to looking for it as for silver and searching for it as for hidden treasure (Prov. 2:3). Ask God to let his discretion protect you and his understanding guard you.
Intercede for the parents you know who are struggling with raising their children, that God will open their hearts to his wisdom.
Harvest Prayer Ministries exists to equip the local church to become a House of Prayer for all nations, releasing God’s power for revival and finishing the task of world evangelization. We do this through consulting, teaching, developing resources, discipling, networking, and partnering. As you explore our website, you will see the many ways Harvest seeks to encourage churches and believers to deepen their connection with Jesus Christ through prayer.
**The dollars you spend on our resources help Harvest Prayer Ministries to train churches to become houses of prayer for all nations! Visit our online PrayerShop! You will find many valuable resources on prayer to help you, your family and your church!