Today, please lift up prayer for some of the significant issues our nation faces:
- Pray for the judges of this nation, that they will seek the wisdom that comes from above. “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere” (James 3:17).
- Ask the Lord to thwart the efforts of those who would remove religious freedom from our nation. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery” (Gal. 5:1).
- Pray for truth to become valued again in American society. “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
- Pray that our nation will increasingly see that God is our only refuge in the midst of the troubles of this world. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Ps. 46:1).
- Pray for our judicial system and lawmakers—that justice for all, tempered by mercy and compassion, will guide our nation. “This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another'” (Zech. 7:9).
- Repent on behalf of our nation, because we have turned from making Scripture the basis of law, leaving behind wisdom and instead, looking to ourselves for truth.
- “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all” (Isa. 53:6).
- “Then the Lord said to me, ‘The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds'” (Jer. 14:14).
- Ask the Lord to pour out a spirit of repentance on our nation, that we might become a nation committed to following His ways. “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart” (Jer. 29:13).
- Pray that the U.S. will repent of its corporate rejection of the Word of God as the basis of law. “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings” (Prov. 1:22–23).
- Pray that a holy fear of God will sweep across our nation, leading us back to a place of wisdom and walking in the Lord. “Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of his servant? Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on their God” (Isa. 50:10).
–adapted from With One Cry: A Renewed Challenge to Pray for America by David Butts. This book is available at prayershop.org. Use the code CONPSP3 at checkout to receive an additional 10% discount.
Praise the God of everlasting kindness (Isa. 54:8). Thank him for exercising kindness, justice, and righteousness—and for delighting in them (Jer. 9:24). Confess any unkind deed or word or thought that has hurt another person. Commit yourself to bearing the fruit of kindness by the power of the Holy Spirit (Gal. 5:22). Ask God to add kindness to your faith (2 Pet. 1:5-7).
Pray that your kind attitude will attract unsaved friends and coworkers to the Lord. Ask God to create natural opportunities for you to share your faith.
Connection is sponsored by Prayer Connect Magazine.
You may download a free issue of Prayer Connect Magazine here.
**The dollars you spend on our resources help Harvest Prayer Ministries to train churches to become houses of prayer for all nations! Visit our online PrayerShop! You will find many valuable resources on prayer to help you, your family and your church!